Wednesday, April 9, 2008
What color do you like the least? Nothing too olive drab, nor your typical baby pastels
What type of project would you like your kit to provide (socks, scarf, bag, surprise me, other–be specific):
I was thinking of some of the fun spring patterns that Noni has out:
I love the three confections (any one of them), the just fuchsias, tulips tote, just hydrangeas, just cherry blossoms, and the poppies patterns. Love them all.
Any allergies? Nope, but chemically perfumed smells give me a headache
Any pet allergies? No
Favorite edible treat? Ooh, a lot. Dark chocolate, peanut butter and chocolate or almost any sweet and salty combination, any sweet carbohydrate, cheesecake. I like healthy stuff too though! Just no licorice or marshmallow, yuck. And I’m a vegetarian (not that anyone is going to mail me some meat).
Coffee, tea or cocoa drinker? Tea and coffee. Not a picky coffee drinker, I like it sweet and weak. I love all kinds of tea.
Favorite flower/herb/other growing thing? That’ hard. I love gardening. I like a lot of native woodland flowers like trilliums. I love bleeding hearts and nasturtiums, foxgloves, poppies, sunflowers, rosemary, basil, pineapple sage(smells so good), some of the scented geraniums, cosmos, delphinium….
Do you prefer seeds, bulbs, or cuttings? Any but bulbs might be fun. I’m moving in a few weeks and don’t have the landscaping figured out yet. So, maybe not something I’d have to put in the ground right away if possible. But if not, that’s ok. I’ll make it work.
Any suggestions that would make your kit even more special than it is already going to be? I love all the fun pagan-like spring frivolity! Fairies, maypoles, flower garlands, and all that stuff. However, we are having to purge a lot of our stuff to move into a smaller place. I’ve been given some cute fairy knickknacks before but am trying to cut back on that stuff unless is also functional! Just don’t have the room any more. Oh, and I love to handmade, creative things like you find on www.etsy.com
Friday, March 14, 2008
This is hard as it changes a lot. Right now I really like pinks and reds. I like pink with brown and pink with lime green. I like that bright lime citrusy green. I guess technically that is 3 (or 4). Let me know if you have questions!
2. What crafts do you really enjoy? Knitting, needle and wet felting, making stitch markers, drawing
3. What products do you really covet? Handmaiden sea silk yarn
4. What other activities do you enjoy besides your favorite crafty things?
Gardening, reading, hiking, biking, letterboxing, movies, just hanging out with my family, cooking/baking, decorating
5. Is there anything you collect?
Not on purpose, maybe books. I love reference type books about whatever is interesting me at the moment. With lots of photographs, cookbooks, gardening books, etc.
6. What is your zodiac sign and/or Chinese zodiac symbol?
7.What are your favorite…
Nothing synthetic it gives me headaches, I like citrus smells and vanilla, cinnamon, stuff like that.
…types of music and/or bands?
everything from Jazz to John Denver, indigo girls to Beastie Boys. I like 40's stuff and big band stuff too
Don't have a favorite
Love then all
…places to shop?
Etsy, LYS, Anthropologie(too $$$), Trader Joe's, craigslist
Spring and summer but there are things about all of them that I love.
…yarn/fabric/paper/other craft supplies?
I love Malabrigo!!!!
…candies or goodies?
chocolate, dark chocolate, peanut butter and chocolate, tea, coffee, cheesecake, this could go on indefinitely
8. Do you have any wish lists?
Yes, there is one on my blog
9. Are you allergic to anything?
10. Do you have any pets? What are they?
4 cats and one bunny
11. Please include anything else you would like your secret pal to know about you- anything that would be helpful in finding you little gifts that you will really enjoy. Also, if you have a Ravelry ID, please include it here.
My rav ID is Megdoula. I hate black licorice and I don't really like marshmallow or jellybeans or any of that kind of candy. Can't think of anything else right now. I like weird, unique things, handmade things.
a. Professor Trisonikly
b. Professor Snape
c. Professor Grubbly-Plank
d. Professor Meshdeh
2. What was the article Rita Skeeter wrote about Hagrid called?
a. The son of Fridwolfa the Giantess
b. The Truth About Rubeus Hagrid
c. Dumbledore's Giant Mistake
d. Half Giant at Hogwarts
3. When the school champions were being chosen from the Goblet of Fire, whose name cam out first?
a. Fleur Delacour
b. Viktor Krum
c. Cedric Diggory
d. Harry Potter
4. What is the spell Ludo bagman says to magically magnify his voice when he commentates?
5. What kind of dragon did Cedirc have to face in the first task?
a. A Hungarian Horntail
b. A Swedish Short-Snout
c. A Welsh Green
d. A Chinese Fireball
6. Who raised the trophy after winning the world cup?
a. Troy and Moran
b. Troy and Quigley
c. Quigley and Moran
d. Lynch and Connolly
7. How many bedrooms did Mundungus Fletcher claim to have?
8. For what did Moody mistake his birthday gif of a carriage clock?
a. An intruder
b. A basilisk egg
c. A bomb
d. A Blast-ended Skrewt
9. What did Mr. Ollivander produce for the end of Cedric's wand?
a. A bunch of flowers
b. A fountain of wine
c. Twittering birds
d. Silver smoke rings
10. The dark mark is on Snape's left arm.
Saturday, March 8, 2008
2. Tidy up my bedroom.
3. Make a delicious chocolate cake.
4. Make my professor stay in bed today.
5. I would like breakfast in bed, please.
Grand Slammius Reclinius
6. Stick all my Quidditch opponents' feet to the floor.
Oppono super glue shoe
7. Give everyone the giggles.
8. Dye some yarn in my favorite color.
Amore hue fiberium
9. Unravel the mess I've made with my yarn.
10. Knit my Prefect the perfect bag!
Perfecto attache pour Prefecto
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Your Luck Quotient: 77%
You have a high luck quotient.
More often than not, you've felt very lucky in your life.
You may be randomly lucky, but it's probably more than that.
Optimistic and open minded, you take advantage of all the luck that comes your way.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
2. When Harry arrives at the Burrow and Mrs. Weasley makes them all dinner the night before they leave for the Quidditch World Cup, what does her wand turn into?
a. rubber mouse
3. Since some of the sixth-year girls didn't have any quills on them, what did they think Krum might sign their hats in?
4. How old does the Quick Quotes Quill say that Rita Skeeter is?
5. What color cloak is wormtail wearing in the Riddle house?
6. What color is "Mad Eye" Moody's magical eye?
7. What color are the robes that Rita Skeeter was wearing when Harry meets her at the Weighing of the Wands ceremony?
8. What does Sirius Black tell Harry, Ron and Hermione to call him when speaking around anyone else?
9. Which team beat Wales, disqualifying them from competing for the Quidditch World Cup?
10. What does Madame Maxime say is the only thing her steeds will drink?
c. single-malt whiskey
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
…It was a creed written into the founding documents that declared the destiny of a nation.
Yes we can.
It was whispered by slaves and abolitionists as they blazed a trail toward freedom.
Yes we can.
It was sung by immigrants as they struck out from distant shores and pioneers who pushed westward against an unforgiving wilderness.
Yes we can.
It was the call of workers who organized; women who reached for the ballots; a President who chose the moon as our new frontier; and a King who took us to the mountaintop and pointed the way to the Promised Land.
Yes we can to justice and equality.
Yes we can to opportunity and prosperity.
Yes we can heal this nation.
Yes we can repair this world.
Yes we can.
We know the battle ahead will be long, but always remember that no matter what obstacles stand in our way, nothing can stand in the way of the power of millions of voices calling for change.
We have been told we cannot do this by a chorus of cynics…they will only grow louder and more dissonant ……….. We’ve been asked to pause for a reality check. We’ve been warned against offering the people of this nation false hope.
But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope.
Now the hopes of the little girl who goes to a crumbling school in Dillon are the same as the dreams of the boy who learns on the streets of LA; we will remember that there is something happening in America; that we are not as divided as our politics suggests; that we are one people; we are one nation; and together, we will begin the next great chapter in the American story with three words that will ring from coast to coast; from sea to shining sea –
Yes we can.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
b. Voldemort and Wormtail plotting to kill him
2. What is the problem with leprechaun gold?
a. It vanishes after a few hours
3. Why did Mad-Eye Moody turn Malfoy into a ferret?
c. Malfoy attacked Harry when Harry's back was turned
4. Sirius warns Harry to be careful around Karkaroff because he had been a Death Eater. Which one of the professors at Hogwarts, who also used to be a Death Eater, is frequently bothered by Karkaroff?
5. Voldemort could have used the blood from any foe to make the potion that revived him work, but he held out for Harry's blood. Why?
c. The special protection Harry received from his mother would also pass to Voldemort
6. How old would Frank have been on his next birthday?
7. Amos Diggory works for?
b. The Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
8. Who shared a carriage with the three friends on the way from the train to Hogwarts?
9. What date in October did the delegates from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang arrive?
10. What color were Percy's dress robes at the Yule Ball?
a. Navy Blue
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
2. NRNAGIHAU RAHNIOTL: Hungarian Horntail
3. AEEMDY ONYOME: Madeye (I think it is supposed to Moody) but according to this is Mooney?
4. ARTI KEESTRE: Rita Skeeter
5. ELSAUAEPBNKS: Unspeakables
6. ULSFENFS: Snuffles
7. NEPSVEIE: Pensieve
8. RMUEIIPS: Imperius
9. TREUEEBTBR: Butterbeer
10. ROFELIBT: Firebolt
Monday, January 14, 2008
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
I took a little quiz now that I'm back in Harry Potter swapping mode. It is determine what your patronus would be. It can be found at this link.
Mine is the phoenix and this is what it said:
The Phoenix, the phoenix is a creature that symbolizes prophetic wisdom, death, and rebirth. This Majestic patronus soars onto the field blanketing your foes in fire and causing devastation to all that oppose it. You should be honored to receive this magical creature as your patronus!
Sunday, January 6, 2008
So far I'm doing a Marie Antoinette Swap, A Malabrigo Swap (both through ravelry) and I just signed up for round 4 of The Harry Potter sock kit swap. I can't resist Harry Potter and I did sit out a few rounds so I figure it's time. The button looks like I screwed it up again but it links to the page so who cares!