1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it?
I can crochet, but mainly I just knit. I only know the very basics of crochet.
2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?
I have made them before and I think I've given them all away as gifts.
3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ?
My favorite is Peaches 'n' Cream. I would like to try a nice organic cotton for some face cloths sometime.
4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles?
For dishcloths, I tend to use straight, but circular are probably more versatile. I suppose overall I prefer wooden, but I love my metal addi needles and my plastic Denise needles. So, I guess, I'm easy to please.
5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much?
I love lots of colors. It depends on my mood. The only colors I'm not crazy about are baby pastel like colors, olive drab type colors, or colors that I tend to associate with country crafts, like dusty rose.
6. What do you like best about Autumn?
I like the way the quality of the light changes, of course the leaves changing colors, and fall festivals! I love the festivals we go to in the fall from arts and crafts to pumpkin patches. It makes me happy and ushers in the holiday season!
7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks!
Pumpkin, Apple and our family's traditional Raisin Pie!
8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day?
Hmmm, probably somewhere in between. I definitely hated getting up early after sleeping in all summer but I was excited to see my friends, etc. Plus my mom was a teacher (my french teacher) and my dad was the superintendent so it wasn't like I had much choice!
9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap)
I do celebrate it! Not just the fun trick or treat aspect but also the fall equinox and older traditions of the holiday as well. We try to observe the changing of the seasons and the origins of the holiday seasons with our children. It creates fun traditions and gives the holidays more meaning for them.
10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?
Only, three? Well, something chocolate and probably with peanut butter in it. Some kind of good cookie or brownie and for the halloween season, candy corns and salted peanuts mixed together!
11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;)
I have a husband, and together we have 5 kids, 2 together, 2 are his from his first marriage, and 1 from my first marriage. They range in age from 2 to 13, four girls and one boy. We also have 2 cats and 1 angora bunny.
12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?
I'll have to get back to you on this one. I tend to agonize about personality questions like this.
13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths?
I use dishcloths that other people have made me as dishcloths but would to try to make some face cloths as well.
14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays)
It has got to be Halloween. It is just more fun and seems like more to do, more traditions, etc. The best thing about Thanksgiving to me is that I'm allowed to start listening to Christmas Carols and watching It's a Wonderful Life after the the parade.
15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about?
No serious allergies. I just don't like licorice flavored things!