Thursday, August 23, 2007

Poor Bunny


Last spring we got two Satin Angora rabbits. This made my daughter very happy, she had been wanting a pet rabbit for a long time. And I thought I could learn to spin and use the wool. Well so far I haven't learned to spin but have been saving their fur. Last week one of the bunnies, Rudy, was definitely not well. He let me pick him up and hold him with no struggle at all and even let me put him on his back and just lied there. I took him to the vet and we suspected wool block because he wasn't eating or drinking. After a few days of doing everything the vet suggested he seemed much better. We went out of town overnight and when we came back Sunday, he was dead in his cage. I feel terrible. Poor little bunny. His brother seems depressed now, they were litter mates. Sorry Rudy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your bunny. He looks Buckwheat - my first bunny. I HATE to lose an animal - just tears at my heart. When I raised angoras, I fed them papaya tablets. Papaya supposedly helped dissolve the fur they would ingest and they loved them.