Monday, September 17, 2007

Topic of the Week-Fall Dishcloth Swap

When you knit or crochet dishcloths, washcloths or face cloths, what do you use? What size needle or hook? Wood? what type? Metal? Plastic? A specific Brand? Why do you love that needle or hook so much? Is there one you are dying to try? Is there a particular yarn you love and use all the time for cloths? What is so special about it?

So far I've only used Peaches and Cream and Sugar and Cream. I started knitting them on my bamboo straight needles but lately I've been knitting them with my Denise interchangeable ones. The cotton moves easier in the plastic (or whatever those are made of) than they do the bamboo. I usually use a size 5-7. I saw some nice organic cotton yarn at my LYS yesterday that I'd like to use call Inca cotton. I'd like to try that for some face cloths. The colors were very subdued and earthy (no dyes). Very soft, very pretty.

No comments: