Tuesday, April 17, 2007

So, what is birthing the mother anyway?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Birthing the Mother is the name of my business. I started teaching childbirth classes about six months after my first child was born. I began by teaching the Bradley Method.
After a few years I took some courses through Birthing from Within, which I love!, and have been teaching a kind of hybrid between the two. Over the years I've also been a labor doula, postpartum doula and belly caster. Things are pretty quiet these days on the business front as I have a lot keeping me busy with my own three children and two step-children, but it is a passion of mine and I think soemday I will be more involved with it again. Here are a few examples of some of my most recent belly masks. Ok, I think they are at the beginning of this post. I don't quite have this blogging thing down yet. Anyway, I love doing the bellies. They are a great creative outlet that ties right into my business and is an awesome way to celebrate how amazing our bodies are! I just wish more women believed they were beautiful when they were pregnant instead of just feeling fat! Hope you like the pictures. People seem to either think the belly masks are really neat or really weird!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I think they're really neat!

Pheelya said...

Neat! How do you make them?