Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Knitter's Coffee Swap Questions!

1. Whole bean or ground? Whole bean, preferably
2. Fully-loaded or decaf? Fully-loaded, baby
3. Regular or flavored? Either, but the only flavors I really don’t like are amaretto, coconut or licorice (not that I’ve ever seen licorice flavored coffee but just in case…)
4. How do you drink your coffee? Lots of cream and sugar, but not those flavored creamers. They are too syrupy sweet.
5. Favorite coffee ever? Pumpkin Spice from the little coffee shop that I used to work at, chicory coffee at the café in New Orleans, and I also love lattes and mochas.
6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? I appreciate good coffee but I’ll be honest, I don’t have the most distinguished coffee palate. Same thing with wine. I’m not drinking out of a box of white zinfandel from the fridge or anything but I’m not really all that picky either.
7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? I’ve been known to eat some scones with my morning coffee (which is usually the only time I drink it). I also love a good cookie. Basically if it is sweet and a carbohydrate, I’ll like it. Biscotti are also nice. Oh and cheesecake! And chocolate...
8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? I just don’t like Starbucks!
9. Yarn/fiber you love? I’ve only been knitting for a few months and I’m having so much fun just trying different yarns. I definitely have a preference for natural fibers, but I don’t know what my favorites are. I tend to be pretty uptight about spending money on myself and this includes yarn, so I’ve been pretty practical so far. I did get a really pretty silk yarn when someone gave me Gift certificate to my lys, and I really liked that. I’m going to let my partner take the lead on this and get me something that she thinks is great.
10. Yarn/fiber you hate? Just anything stiff, scratchy and hard to work with, again I don’t have anything that jumps out at me as something I really hate.
11. What's on your needles? My first attempt at a sock, a ballband dishcloth for Mother’s day gifts, a little cotton dress for my two year old that I haven’t touched in a good month, and I’m getting ready to start my first mobius to get ready for a “magical knitting” workshop that I’m taking in June with Cat Bordhi.
12. Favorite colors? My favorite colors really depend on my mood but in general I’m drawn to rich jewel tones or bright colors in the red, blue, and green color families. I don’t like pastels much or colors that make me think of country crafts, like dusty rose, etc. My least favorite color is probably yellow.
13. Allergies? I’ve pretty much outgrown all of my food allergies and don’t have any wool allergies or anything like that. I’m a vegetarian though.
14. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? Let’s see, I also started needle felting recently and I love that. And like my partner, I have a thing for fairies and other fantasy related paraphernalia!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Well, you are just jumping on the swap wagon! I missed out on the Coffee Swap as I was so busy assigning Hogwart Pals! It looks like lots of fun.

Hope your socks are coming along nicely and you aren't too frustrated :-)